Saturday, July 7, 2007

tuckered out

Can we say long day? Loooooooooong day!!! And here I am finally able to sit down and work on my lesson for church tomorrow and all the copy stores are closed. At least the kids are all in bed and asleep! That's the key. It's easy to get them locked in a room... theoretically in bed. It's the asleep part that's golden.

I have to admit that it's going to be really nice when my friend comes to get her kids. And here's some advice for you all. If you are thinking that you've got it hard and you can't stand your own kids any longer, just offer to babysit a few more for a week straight. You'll be more than ready to get back to the peace and quiet that was your old hectic life of only three kids!

Went to a BBQ at our neighbor's house today. My sweet little boy has been reverting at lightening speed since he's been out of summer school. Tonight he pooped all over our friends basement, up the stairs, got it on the door some how and in the hall. Luckily it's a very good friend, so she was cool about it all and as my husband got busy scrubbing the carpets, I got busy scrubbing the boy. I didn't even know what to say to him. He hasn't done this kind of thing since he was two years old. I'm terrified of the idea that without school he falls apart. I'm the kind of person who always wanted to home school my kids. Have a really open and creative environment.. you know? He's the kind of kid that needs rigid structure and every minute scheduled. It's the opposite of me and I'm not sure how I"m going to give it to him later in life. Ugh. Summer school starts again on Monday, but he's only scheduled for therapy. I'm hoping they will let him come full time again.

guess we'll see. Autism sucks.

No comments: